Thursday, February 28, 2008

A J-Film review. No, that’s JAVA FILM :D

The other day I watched a film. I quite liked it and so am going to review it now, just like jsnuk. Actually, that's a lie because this film is a PROPER FILM. It doesn't have any clever subtexts. It contains no metaphors. It is, in other words, what films should be like. It's also in black and white. Not because the director wanted to explore a complex issue that could only be realized in black and white but because its old and in the olden days colour hadn't been invented. I therefore won't be reviewing it like Jsnuk because I won't devote several paragraphs to exploring any complex figurative elements.

I now realise that I'm a paragraph in and still haven't actually mentioned the film's name. Grudgingly I shall now do so: The film is called 'The Wrong Arm of The Law', made in 1961 starring Peter Sellers. It's a comedy caper film very much in the style of The Italian Job. Being made in the 60s its innocent stuff, with the crooks apologizing profusely to the police when they accidentally hit them. It's certainly a far cry from the chavs of today and it did make me a little sad, seeing how innocent times were in the 1960s. Of course it's hardly a representation of the crime around then, some of which was awful, but still.

The star of the film, as I said, is Peter Sellers, a renowned comic and rightly so. Famous for playing Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther he steals the show here, showing off his mastery of accents. The film has many other actors but I can't be bothered to write about them. They were alright.

I don't really know what to write about next, not wanting to go all Jsnuk on you all and start telling the story so I shall put this thing out of its misery. It isn't really an amazing film, clearly aimed at a family audience and perhaps a little limited because of this, relying mainly on slapstick humour. Still, it's fun, and that's all that matters, isn't it. ISN'T IT, JSNUK?

I shall give the film a rating of 8, as it had an Aston Martin DB5 in it, which I liked.

If you have anything you'd like little java to know then you can sod right off, he doesn't like being referred to as little.

5 comments:

Sithy said...

It's, Little Java, it's.
Referring to the "Being made in the 60s" sentence. It's = It is. Its = Possessed by it.

John "J-snukk" Neicho said...

witty, very witty

"If you have anything you'd like little java to know then you can sod right off, he doesn't like being referred to as little."

Unknown said...

*claps* subscribed to blog from now on :)

Unknown said...

tis smellbow btw.... ¬_¬

The Javahammer said...

lol sith, I noticed that but after 3 or so edits I just couldn't be arsed.

Besides, I left it to give you all the illusion that I am human.

you poor fools!