Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Football Manager Idea

Football Manager is great because it is a day-dream simulator. That is all it is, and it is great. I have sunk days into FM07, because it is a day-dream. The dots have names. They have personalities.

Anderson of Manchester United missed a game because of family problems at home in Brazil. This needs to be in football manager. Picture it, if you will: My star striker's mother is ill. The FA cup semi-final is 9 days away. Now, do I tell him to get on with training, or give him a week off, or tell him to stay with his mother until she is better. This decision would affect his relationship with me, his morale, and his performance. It would make him more alive. He would have a little extra story, just for him.

Or would this go wrong? Would FM lose the football aspect that makes it so great?

Maybe a balance? Sports Interactive, your game is great because I love my team. I love them like I love Alyx, or Arthas, or Leon Kennedy. They are my team. Smaller choices could affect their personality, and their performance.

Football Manager is a dream; it is limitless.

No comments: