Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Great Moment in TF2

I love TF2. I play on Javaserver, mainly because I love the company. I am good, because I play a lot, but I am not brilliant. I do, and this is the important part, get very exited over moments of brilliance. They keep me buzzing for weeks. This is the latest one...

I few nights ago we were playing on Gravelpit. For those not in the know, this is a map based around attack vs defence. One team must capture two points before moving onto a third to win the game, the other team must hold out for a set time to win. This is fun.

We were defending, and we were being pushed back. We had lost the first two points and things looked bleak. I decided to try my hand at engineer, a class whose main job is to build big sentry guns. I went to set one up in on of the corridors the other team would come through.

Sadly I was interrupted. A Heavy and medic combo ran around the corner and blew my just put up level one turret away. I jumped back, around the corner, and they did not see me.

But I did not back away. I had my wrench out, and I ran at them. They were distracted, looking the other way.

First to feel my wrath was a sniper. He never saw me coming, and I smacked him with my wrench. One down.

Then the medic fell. With a crit, my wrench smited him. Two down.

And then the heavy, and old enemy, was startled by my presence. He is a slow class to react. If he could turn his minigun on me I would be torn to shreds. But I had a few short seconds while his gun rotated up to speed, and in that time I hit him twice. Crit. Crit. Dead.

And there I was, a lowly, unprepared Enjy. Standing on the corpses of three of mine enemies.

It was a glorious feeling.

1 comment:

Barry White said...

I do love those moments, though I don't think I've ever had a crit wrench before. Maybe I should start playing engineer again.

As a Heavy I love those times you find yourself plodding towards a corner, barrels spinning, and have someone from the enemy team blunder around it unsuspectingly. They usually last less than a second, even if they try to run. It's awesome.


I'm totally addicted to the Heavy...